Just a quick NOTD, last night I used the Collection 2000 hot looks in BMX bandit which is a gorgeous creamy blue/purple, I love this colour so much and it went on so smoothly as this polish has a great brush which makes application really easy! In 2 different shops today I was asked by the women serving me what nail polish it was as they liked it so much and neither could believe it would only cost them about £1.50! cant wait to test the other ones I have from this range now!
Heres just a bit of an update:
I have a few posts to do tomorrow, a review on some products from the garnier pure active range which I was sent to try out and a post on my huge order from e.l.f which consists of both the studio range and some stuff from the regular range.
I am also planning on a bit of a diet, well not so much a diet but just making an effort to not eat as much crap as I do, like for example this week I have had a curry, chippy, dominos, and not only is that making me bloated and feel crap but its bloody expensive! I have a treadmill and the wii fit so going to make more of an effort to use them both and drink more water from tomorrow.
I also want to say sorry for the lack of posts but I am back at work now and last week I found out that my mum is ill, not quite sure how serious yet but will be finding out next week after another scan so I have been feeling really down and upset and not up to posting but I am feeling abit more calm now so hopefully things will be ok :(
Also I now have 50 followers!!! Thank you so much, I love reading blogs so much and am so glad people think mine is worth reading, I will have to do a contest soon, I will plan one as soon as I have some money to spare!
Thursday, 30 July 2009
Tuesday, 28 July 2009
Elle at confessions of a beauty addict is having a great giveaway here : http://selfconfessedbeautyaddict.blogspot.com/2009/07/update-and-contest.html, check ot out if you havent already!
Monday, 27 July 2009
I just saw this tag on kelanjo19's blog and just had to do it!
So go to Google and type in "Your First Name" and "Wants" So I would type "Becky wants"
You then read off the top 5 results on google. Obviously as long as they make sense, if not move on to the next search result.
So I did "Becky wants..
1. To destroy her school
2. me horny
3. to organise a picnic
4. wants her little brother back
5. to be a footballers wife!
And just so I could get more results I also did "Rebecca wants..
1. to smother Luke with her boobs
2. her bike back
3. to be miss sunderland
4. to give shared guitar lessons to Vincent and Alex
5. to sing at the school assembly
Lol, I want to smother Luke with my boobs, that one was actually about those 2 from big brother last year.
I tag anyone who wants to do this as I look forward to reading what crap google comes up with for other peoples names x
Sunday, 26 July 2009
Today I used the Barry M flamingo pink nail paint for the first time after ordering it off their website, I love the colour, its a corally pink and is so pretty but Im not too sure on the polish on a whole as it took a few coats to get full coverage and then it took forever to dry, definatly going to use it again though as I love the colour so much!!
I also got this little set of drawers from wilkinsons for £2 recently, I was going to put my earrings and things in them but tonight I decided to use it for some of my nail varnishs. It wasnt big enough for all of my bottles but I had fun organising the ones I wanted in it :)
Saturday, 25 July 2009
I have just made a twitter finally, still not sure about it but Im going to try figure it out now, the link for it is http://twitter.com/becky2089 so check it out if you can and hopefully I will understand it soon.
Leave me a link with your twitter and I will follow :)
The E.L.F studio line is avaliable now and I just placed my order, I went abit mad as it was free shipping on orders over £30 so I ordered:
- Powder brush
- Fan brush
- Under eye concealer and highlighter
- Complexion perfection
- Blush and bronzer compact
- Lip primer and plumper
- Warm bronzer
- Eye brown lifter and filler
- Complexion brush
And that came to £31.50 with free delivery :) cant wait for them to come!
Friday, 24 July 2009
I saw this tag on Emmas blog at http://passionforfashion1983.blogspot.com/ and she tagged anyone who wanted to do it so here goes..
1. What is your favourite item of clothing? erm at the moment it is a dress from dorothy perkins that I got in the sale, have been wearing loads with leggings and it was only £12.
2. What are your biggest obsessions? shopping for things I dont need, reading, buying magazines
3. Who inspires you? I cant really think of anyone really, I like to do stuff for myself.
4. Who is your favourite designer and why? I cant think of any :(
5. What is your favourite song ever? I love a song by kano called nite nite, its really sweet and reminds me of being happy
6. What is your favourite song right now? at the moment it would probably be the climb by miley cyrus lol, cheesy but I have it stuck in my head
7. If you were a sweetie what would you be? I love sour sweets so something really sour!!
8. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet- what words would describe your rainbow? Red - love, orange - sun!, yellow - more sun!, green - the grass, blue - the sky, indigo - my new jeans!, violet - erm, i dont knowww.
9. What's your favourite film? stand by me, dirty dancing, ps i love you, the notebook
10. Who's your favourite actor? Will smith, gerard butler
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? somewhere In the sun with my family
12. What are your 3 favourite smells? nivea sun cream, bacon, fresh bread
13. What are your 3 favourite tastes? cheese, bread, tea
14. What is your most treasured possession? my photos or a dog teddy I have had for soo many years
15. What did you always want to be/ do when you grew up? It used to change alot but I remember wanting to be a vet, lawyer, magazine editor and many others, went back to the law route for my degree, big mistake lol.
16. If you were an ice-cream what flavour would you be? Chocolate!
17. If someone made a short film of your life, who would play you? erm god knows, cant think of anyone
18. What would your perfect afternoon consist of? shopping with unlimited money with my mum :)
19. If you were a flower, what would you be? A rose, not sure why just that they are my faves
20. Tell me a random thing....be it your favourite line from a song, scene from a movie or quote from a book.....tell me about something that you love..... I hate big brother but I have still sat here and watched it all night :/
I tag anyone who wants to do this :) x
After reading on Hele says blog about the new Barry M nail paint in pink flamingo I just had to order it as its the nicest colour and I got a few more bits too.
Below are: (l-r: 305 pink flamingo £2.95, 180 marine blue £1.50, NPP1 limited edition free with code Lollipop26)
I LOVE the pink flamingo one its gorgeous and cant wait to get it on, its almost like a corally shade and its so pretty, the blue was in the clearance section and is very shimmery and almost metallic, and tht other pink was free with the code lollipop26 at the checkout, I already got this with the barry m things I got for subscribing to More magazine but I thought if its free I might as well gte another :) Its similar to the bright pink one but more wearable I think.
I also got the lip paint in 147 peachy pink as have seen this on alot of blogs and thought it looked such a pretty colour, I think this was around £4.
I saw this natural collection lipgloss in fondant on http://blondieprincessx0.blogspot.com/2009/07/natural-collection-makeup-pictures.html and had to have it, I got it with some of my boots points and Im not sure how much it cost but only about £2, its such a pretty orangey pink and it smells quite sweet. Im going to try this over the top of the 147 and see how that looks too as the lip gloss doesnt have that much colour on its own.
Here is a swatch of the 147 lip paint on the left and the fondant lip gloss on the right.
I mentioned that I had used this pen in another post but without a top coat so I tried it again and used the Sally Hansen hard as nails clear polish on top and this has lasted really well except from on my thumb where a bit chipped and I ended up peeling it off :/. I found it really hard to get the pen to give me a tidy line though, the first time I used some french manincure stickers but this time I hadnt any left and I struggled to keep them neat, has anyone got any tips for getting a tidy french manicure look?
I think this pen is good as long as you use it properly and it has lasted the past 4 days really well with just one top coat on!
This photo is of my finished nails and the kiss pen and the hard as nails which I used.
Just a quick mention of another nail polish I finally got round to using. It is a rimmel one in goldspun coral. I bought this to use on my holiday but never used it untill last week and I really didnt like it, the colour wasnt as nice as I was expecting and it didnt really have a good consistency. It didnt cost much, only about £2.50 from wilkinsons but I doubt I will be using it again.
Tuesday, 21 July 2009
I saw this post on victorias blog: http://lilyloveslola.blogspot.com/2009/07/favourite-reads.html and thought it was a great idea! so I have been through the books I have in my room at the moment and picked out the best, I have 6 instead of 5 as I couldnt choose between them.
1. Where rainbows end by Cecelia Ahern - I loved this book so much, It is set over years and years right from the 2 mains characters childhoods right through to old age and it is such a lovely story, I wont give the story away but I would definatly recommend this book, its one of my faves!
2. Lucky by Jackie Collins - This book follows a character called Lucky Santangelo and is part of a large series I think, Its full of money and sex and crime and mystery and it really drew me in!
3. The virgins lover by Philippa Gregory - This is again part of a series which the film the other Boleyn girl came from. I have read them all now and they are all really good, I would say that the best is actually one called The Queens fool but I couldnt find my copy anywhere. They are all full of scandal and are amazingly well writen!
4. The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert - I got this book from a £2 bookshop in Huddersfield as I fancied something new and hadnt ever read many horrors and Im so glad I did. I scare easily when it comes to ghosts and things that make noises in the night so this book had me scared to the point where I couldnt even go to the toilet in the dark lol! Its a really goodstory and really is soo scary and I even found it quite upsetting at points as there is a sad issue within the family. I have since read alot of James Herbert books and some of them are quite confusing but others I would recommend are the magic cottage, and the Fog which I enjoyed alot too.
5. Daddys girls by Tasmina Perry - Full of sex, scandals and celebrities! I found it so hard to put this book down and I was quite upset when I finished it. It is about 4 sisters who are all suspected of killing their wealthy father and I really didnt want to put it down!
6. Angel by Katie Price - I know she probably didnt actually write her books but I got this when it first came out quite a few years ago and I loved it straight away. Its about a young girl becoming a model and getting caught up in the celebrity world and I have read this many times since and I still enjoy it as much. I have also really enjoyed all of the other books she has written such as Angel uncovered and Crystal and there is one out the end of this month which I am going to buy too!
I bought a few new books from Sainsburys at the weekend which were Sins by Penny Jordan and The host by Stephanie Meyer so Im going to be reading these next as I just finished my last book (The last to know by Melissa Hill - good but abit complicated)
This is a nail polish by 17 in Lilac storm. I applied this last night and I love the colour and a few people have commented on how nice it is today but I have to say Im not that keen on the actual product. It seemed different in consistency from the other 17 polishes I have used and didnt spread very well and it took ages to dry, after about 15mins part were still wet and lumpy which I was unimpressed with to say this is one of their 'fast finish' polishes.
I do love the colour though, has any one got any suggestions on a similar colour by a different make which is a better quality?
Monday, 20 July 2009
Today I finally bought some of the St. Moriz fake tan, It has been in the local T J hughes for ages but I kept stopping myself as I have so much fake tan, but I have read so much good reviews about this product that I couldnt put it off any longer :) so I got it for £2.99 today, Im quite tanned from my hols so Im not planning to use it at the moment but Ill do a review when I do use it in the next few weeks.
I also picked up a 2 in 1 cleaner from the new boots vitamin e range I mentioned in another post, this was £2.99 and my fave simple cream was reduced to £3 for the big bottle at superdrug.
I also picked up this sally hansen no more mistakes corrector pen as I am quite bad at putting nail varnish on and I get a bit messy so this is a good idea for me. This was £1.99 from T J Hughes. I also got another 17 nail polish. Its a gorgeous purple called Lilac storm and I cant wait to try it out later.
Next up is the Prestige skin loving minerals bronzer in Glam Tan. I have been looking at these for so long but I could never decide which I wanted but today I finally decided on this one. Its really shimmery but when I tried it before it seemed nice on but that was on top of my normal bronzer so Im hoping this looks ok when I try it tomorrow on its own.
This is just a bit of a list of things I want at the moment, theres not too much but maybe if do a post it will remind me that I want them :D
1. Barry M Touch of Magic lip paint : This is on the barry m website and looks interesting, it says on there : "A waterproof formula with added Aloe Vera stays on for up to 8 hours. Depending on the alkali level of your lips, determines just how pale or rich the colour will go." - I havent seen this in any shop yet, has anyone else seen it?
2. Barry M nail paint in Cyan Blue: I am planning on getting a blue dress for my sisters wedding in about 5 weeks and I really want this nail paint to go with it.
3. Barry M lip paint in Peachy Pink: I keep reading about how nice this is and I really want to buy it.
Hiya theres another great goveaway from Kirsty at http://ilovemakeup-x.blogspot.com/2009/07/giveaway_18.html, check it out if your not already a follower x
Sunday, 19 July 2009
I saw this tag on a blog and thought It looked like fun :)
Bold the ones that apply to you. :-)
I miss somebody right now.
I don't watch TV these days.
I wear glasses or contact lenses.
I love to play video games.
Ive tried marijuana.
I have been in a threesome.
I have been the psycho-ex in a past relationship.
I believe honesty is usually the best policy.
I have changed a lot mentally over the last year.
I carry my knife/razor everywhere with me.
I'm TOTALLY smart.
I've broken someone's bones.
I'm paranoid sometimes.
I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free of cost, and scar-free.
I need money right now.
I LOVE sushi.
I talk really,really fast.
I have long hair.
I have lost money in Las Vegas.
I have at least one sibling.
I have worn fake hair/fingernails/eyelashes in the past.
I couldn't survive without Caller ID.
I am usually pessimistic.
I have a lot of mood swings.
I have a hidden talent.
I'm always hyper no matter how much sugar i have.
I am currently single.
I have pecked someone of the same sex.
I enjoy talking on the phone.
I practically live in sweatpants or PJ pants.
I love to shop.
Enjoy window shopping.
I would rather shop than eat.
I don't hate anyone.
I'm a pretty good dancer.
I'm completely embarrassed to be seen with my mother.
I have a cell phone.
I believe in God.
I watch MTV on a daily basis.
I have passed out drunk
I've rejected someone before.
I have no idea what i want to do for the rest of my life.
I want to have children in the future.
I have changed a diaper before.
I've called the cops on a friend before.
I'm not allergic to anything.
I have a lot to learn.
I have been with someone at least 10 years older or younger.
I am shy around the opposite sex.
I have tried alcohol before.
I have made a move on a friend's significant other or crush in the past.
I own the South Park movie.
I would die for my best friends.
I think that Pizza Hut has the best pizza.
I have used my sexuality to advance my career.
I love Michael Jackson, scandals and all
Halloween is awesome because you get free candy.
I watch Spongebob Squarepants and i like it.
I am happy at this moment.
I'm obsessed with guys.
I study for tests most of the time.
I tie my shoelaces differently from anyone I've ever met.
I am comfortable with who I am right now.
I have more than just my ears pierced.
I walk barefoot wherever i can.
I have jumped off a bridge.
I love sea turtles.
I spend ridiculous money on makeup.
Plan on achieving a major goal/dream.
I'm proficient in a musical instrument.
I worked at McDonald's restaurant.
I hate office jobs.
I love sci-fi movies.
I think water rules.
I went college out of state.
I like sausages.
I love kisses.
I usually like covers better than originals.
I can pick up things with my toes.
I can't whistle.
I can move my tongue in waves, much like a snakes slither.
I have ridden a horse.
I still have every journal I've ever written in.
I can't stick to a diet.
I talk in my sleep.
I try to forget things by drowning them out with loads of distractions.
Climbing trees is a brilliant past-time.
I have jazz in my blood.
I wear a toe ring.
I have a tattoo.
I can't stand at LEAST one person that i work with.
I am a caffeine junkie.
I cosplay or know what cosplaying is.
I have been to over 15 conventions.
I will collect anything, and the more nonsensical the better.
I'm an artist.
I only clean my room when necessary.
I like a person of the same sex.
I love being happy
I am an adrenaline junkie
I tag anyone who wants to do this x
Just a small boots haul. I got the No 7 protect and perfect body serum as it was half price, There was an offer on if you spent over £20 you got a free gift (watch) so I got a skin illuminator in peach. I didnt realise untill I got it home though that its in a stupid bottle with a brush built in which I always find hard to use. This was £10.25 I think.
I also got a blush contour brush from Prestige, this was around £6, I was considering getting some of the sun baked bronzers but I couldnt decide which one to get so I left it, I really want one though so I will be going back.
I picked up the Kiss draw on french tip pen after seein it on Hele's blog, this was about £5 and I put it on a few nights ago but after a few hours It had all pretty much come off, I didnt put any thing on over the top of it as I had been in a rush so Im going to give this another go when I get some time to do it properly.
Boots also had a new vitamin e skin care range, I picked up the moisture day cream and the gentle eye cream with spf 15. I have been using these the last few days and I already love them, the cream feels gorgeous and the eye cream already seems to have lightened up my eye bags! these were £2.50 each and there was also a night cream and face wipes and a few other things all around this price so definatly worth checking out!
I also got the Dolce and Gabbana light blue perfume from Body care for £38.99, I meant to pick this up in the airport duty free but I forgot so I just got it there, I so love the smell of this, really fruity and fresh. This is a 100ml bottle so quite good price really! (sorry its sideways, forgot to turn it before I uploaded it)
The other day I went into Boots to No 7 as I had read that the protect and perfect body serum was half price down to £12.50 so I got that and the sales woman asked if I wanted to enter a mini comp to find the best pout in the town so I agreed, she applied some no 7 lipstick and I kissed a piece of paper and gave her my details and then forgot about it as my print didnt even resemble a mouth really.
But yesterday they rang and said Id won and to collect my prize so here it is:
There are a few samples of the protect and perfect day and night creams and the intense beauty serum, 3 perfume samples, mini bottles of the soft and soothed gentle cleanser and the cleanse and care eye make up remover, and finally a limited edition rainbow eye palette.
This is the palette with the flash:
This photo was just taken out for a meal one evening,
This is me on the left anf my younger sister one night posing on the terrace,
check out this amazing contest : http://amandassunshine.blogspot.com/2009/07/giveaways-and-my-giveaway.html
Thursday, 16 July 2009
As I said in my last post I only got a few bits at the airport, I could of stayed forever but we got there later than planned so I didnt have much time for shopping :( I did get 2 things from Givenchy though. On the left is Prismissime mat and glow, It can be used as either eye shadows or a bronzer, Im using it as a bronzer just swirling my brush over all the shades and it works really well, This was about £26. On the right is Prisme again which is a blush/highlight. It has 4 different colours and they all blend well. This was about £16.
This is the packaging, I think it is limited edition: I love the smaller one.
Also, I bought the Max factor false lash effect in waterproof for my holiday which cost me about £11, then last week I got the wilkinsons Image waterproof mascara, which is 99p, as its 3 items for £2 and I needed an extra item and I have to say I am amazed by how good it was, the brush was great and it gave me really good volume and really did stay put! I didnt even touch the max factor mascara all week!! The photo below was with only one coat, It really gave me long curled lashes!
I will do a post later with a few holiday photos, Im just sorting through them now and theres alot to do
Wednesday, 15 July 2009
Hey everyone, im home! Will be doing a post soom with photos and the few bits I got at the airport, but just a quick post to say Greta is having a contest so check it out here :)
Tuesday, 7 July 2009
be back next wednesday! will really miss reading all the blogs Im going to miss!!! might have to find an internet cafe to catch up :)
Saturday, 4 July 2009
- Holiday to Greece on wednesday!!!
- Coral nail varnishs, basically anything coral at the moment, seems like abit of an obsession!
- Simple derma intensive moisturisor! still live this lotion, works so well for me and keeps the eczema away!
- Barry m 3 in 1 mascara - only used this for 2 days so far but it works almost as well as the false lash effect and is half the price, think I will be buying this from now on!
- Going to the duty free shop in the airport! Cant wait!
- Having no money :( when I get back from my holiday I need to save, save save.
- Having to work all the time, feels like I live there.
- Hayfever!! this came on the other day and now I cant breathe, have a runny nose 24 hours a day and my eyes are puffy and sore :(
- Too hot weather keeping me awake!
- Having no time to pack properly before wednesday!
Thats it for now I think, Heres a photo of where Im going on wednesday, Its a town called Lindos on the island of Rhodes, me and my bf have been the past 2 years at the same time of year and we love it!!
As I mentioned in an older post, I subscribed to More magazine a few weeks ago and I got my freebies throught the post yesterday, £42 worth of Barry M products.
- 3 in 1 mascara
- Glitter liquid eyeliner in 02 (silver)
- Glossy tube in 10 (pink)
- Dazzle dusts in 23 and 95 (green and purple)
- Nail paints in 296 (coral0 and NPP1 (says limited edition but its pink, think this may be the one lollipop26 has been speaking about in her blog!)
- Kohl pencil in 6 (blue)
- Natural dazzle compact
So far I have used the natural dazzle today for contouring, the mascara which I love already! and the coral nail paint which is pictured below, although I only put it on last night and Its already chipped quite abit but I have been doing alot at work which could explain this.
Hiya, sorry for the lack of posts, Im still without my laptop and working all hours before my holiday on wednesday!
So first up is my nail of the day, this is the 17 limited edition coral reef nail polish, this lasted 4 days with only one chip I got at work before I took it off, Im very impressed with the 17 polishes, have tried a few now and they last really well and the consitencys really good, I used the Sally Hansen nail treatment as a base and then 2 coats of this. Its quite similar to the tropical island shade I did a previous NOTD post on but this is more red where as the tropical island has more of an orange tone which I do prefer. Ill definatly be buying more 17 polishes especially when they are only a few quid! I also got a delivery from Avon the other day. I ordered no make up, just body and hair products.
Second to the right is a body illuminating cream, I used abit of this on my arm when I forst got it and it made me itchy so looks like I wont be using this again :(