I saw this tag on Tacky blue eyeshadows great blog! (sorry I dont know your real name?) and thought it looked fun so here goes...
1. What time did you get up this morning? about 6am, my boyfriend stayed out and I cant sleep well without him now, am used to him being there :(
2.How do you like you like your steak? I dont really like beef and Iv never had a steak so i havent got a clue
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? erm the latest harry potter.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Hollyoaks, friends, sex and the city
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Lindos, greece
6. What did you have for breakfast? nothing today, usually have toast if i have work early but apart frm tht I dont have anything
7. What is your favorite cuisine? indian
8. What foods do you dislike? FISH!
9. Favorite place to eat? a nice curry house, or pizza hut
10. Favorite dressing? dont know any :/
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? vauxhall corsa
12. What are your favorite clothes? leggings and dresses
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? america
4. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full
15. Where would you want to retire? somewhere nice and hot
16. Favorite time of day? Evening
17. Where were you born? rochdale
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? football
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? i dont know!
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? ?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Everyones!
22. Bird watcher? nope
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? neither, im always 2 tired at both these times lol.
24. Do you have any pets? a budgie
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? not really no, very boring
26. What did you want to be when you were little? a vet
27. What is your best childhood memory? having no responsibilites and climbing trees all day
28. Are you a cat or dog person? cat
29. Are you married? nope
30. Always wear your seat belt? yep
31. Been in a car accident? minor ones when i was younger
32. Any pet peeves? erm, lotsa little things
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? chicken and sweetcorn
34. Favorite Flower? Rose
35. Favorite ice cream? chocolate
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? pizza hut or dominoes
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? none
38. From whom did you get your last email? some bingo site
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? primark
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? not really
41. Like your job? sometimes.
42. Broccoli? Love it
43. What was your favorite vacation? Lindos in greece with the bf
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? cnt remember havent been out 4 a meal in ages!
45. What are you listening to right now? dragons den
46. What is your favorite color? pink
47. How many tattoos do you have? 1
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? everyone!
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 7pm
50. Coffee drinker? occasionally when im tired before work.
I tag all my followers who want to do this!
Sunday, 23 August 2009
I saw this tag on Tacky blue eyeshadows great blog! (sorry I dont know your real name?) and thought it looked fun so here goes...
Thursday, 20 August 2009
Today I used my no 7 £5 voucher in Boots to get one of the Stay perfect nail colours in 95 which is Sunset, its a lovely red, really wanted something that will be nice through autumn and winter rather than the brights I have been wearing alot over summer and this seems perfect, I think I only had to pay about an extra £1.50 for this so was a bargain really :)
I also got a top coat from a make up stall, this one is Sally Hansen maximum growth quick dry top coat, I dont have a top coat and this was only £2 so had to get this, hopefully will be having less chipped nails from now on and this claims to dry colour in 30 seconds!
Also on the make up stall I saw a selection of gorgeous blushes from the make w7 which is all pretty cheap, these were silky blush, and they all looked gorgeous! there was a selection of 4 colours and I got mine in 02, which is more of a peachy pink, looks very pale on my photo and the swatch is rubbish but its so nice! and this was only £2.99, there was a lovely rosey pink too and I want that one next time I am in Bury.
This feels really creamy and smooth and I cant wait to use it! looks more expensive than it is too, it came in a box then inside a small velvetly pouch which I thought was a nice touch! Have never seen these before anywhere else so I was impressed!
Wednesday, 19 August 2009
Here is my nail of the day, I got this sally hansen polish from T J hughes a while ago for £1.99 when my nails were looking bad and I wanted to paint them in work but never got round to it. It is Hard as wraps in Mauve creme. The bottle says it contains acrylic gel and nylon to help them last longer! Im not sure Im too keen on the colour, its a bit plain and quite a dull pink but it seems a good quality!
I also got a few bits from elf when my sister recently placed an order, I got 3 things from the normal range for £1.50 each. I got the foundation brush, I havent used this yet but it seems good enough, its soft and I am looking forward to using it tomorrow!
I also the 2 nail polishs, 1 which is a new one to the website called chocolate, which I must say doesnt look much like the swatch in the bottle, Its a really dark brown and I am interested to see how it looks when I use it. The second is in Light pink, which looks really pretty, I love the bottles too from elf with the detail of the polish spilling over the sides, its cute.
This is the chocolate nail polish, I was hoping it might be a similar cheaper alternative to the nails inc jermyn street I have been using recently but unfortunatly its nothing like it, its alot more of a rich dark brown :(
On another note, I tried doing a french braid in my hair today, I have had this done by a fried before but this was my first attempt and it took me loads of tries to get it even resembling a plait, and this is the finished attempt below, has anyone got any tips on how to do this better as I really like how it looks when done properly. I had to use lotsa clips cos my fringe was poking out, when my friend did it this didnt happen so not sure how to sort this out either?
I was tagged by Gillian with this KreativBlogger tag. For this tag you have to post 7 random faces about youself which I always find really hard to think of!
1)I reallly love reading, I have the equivalent of w h smith in the corner of my room haha, really should get some kind of storage or sell some or something.
2) I have the worst motivation to do revision and things like that at uni, I leave things then have to cram and feel rubbish instead of planning properly!
3) I love making shopping lists, makes shopping more fun for me for some reason!
4) I dont like dogs much, I used to love them and really wanted one but recently I find them really scary, my grandma has a labrador which wants to jump up all the time which I hate!
5) I dont like using cutelry or plates, cups etc in cafes and other peoples houses, dont like thinking about other people using them, :s.
6) I have an obsession with smints, not sure why, just eat so many and have done for years.
7) I am a rubbish swimmer, not sure why as I had lessons all the time when I younger but Im really crap! when I go swimming I always feel like the lifeguards are judging my swimming skills which makes me even worse haha.
I tag my followers! x
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
My younger sister has started a blog, the link is here if you could check it out :)
Posted by Becky at 03:37
Monday, 17 August 2009
This is the Nails Inc Jermyn street which I got free from the notw offer, I put this on a few days ago with 2 coats and I love it, even my sister has knicked it cos she likes it so much too! It looks a bit weird in my photo, but its a really nice creamy brown, this went on really well but I have to say it chipped really easily at work today, and now I have 2 fingers with half of it missing and I havent really done to much, I will be reapplying so hopefully it will last abit longer next time. I dont think that I would ever pay full price for a Nails Inc polish though.
Friday, 14 August 2009
I recently won 1st prize in a giveaway on the lovely Elle's blog and my prizes arrived today! I got the sleek storm palette, a barry m dazzle dust in 58 which is such a pretty pink (sorry just realised you cant see it in the photo), gosh lipstick in darling and a mac lipstick in hue!
I love hue so much already, I think its going to be my fave lipstick, its a nudeish pink, very wearable!
This is a close up of the storm palette, the colours are so gorgeous, there is a mix of neutrals, mostly with shimmer but a few matte ones too, perfect for using everyday and I cant wait to play around with those!
So thanks so much Elle!
So on to the bargains I got today whilst out in town after work....
Also today my sister wanted to go to Ethel austins for some cheap baby clothes for my nieces doll, I didnt even know this shop still existed so I was suprised when I saw they sold makeup! I got 2 things for £1 each, a lip balm from a range called I love.. and its so yummy, the flavour is strawberries and milkshake and it smells sooo nice! its a big pot too! I also got a Rimmel wear maxx nail polish in 345 Pop apricot, which is pink with a hint of shimmer and coral, havent tried it yet but had to get it for £1!
Also there is a great giveaway over at blogspot beauty! check it out!
Thursday, 13 August 2009
I have been nominated for my 2nd award by the lovely Tackyblueeyeshadow, thanks so much, means alot, cant believe I have 70 followers now!
For this award I have to nominate 12 blogs, I love them all but here goes:
- Cupcakes and cherries
- Dollymix184 writes beauty
- Girl with the golden touch
- Laura Alexandra
- Let there be shopping!!
- Lily Loves lola
- Reaching for the stars..
- Tiny twists & a while load of make up
Any I havent nominated I still love, there are 2 many great blogs and I would nominate you all!!
Thanks for reading my blog :)
I was tagged by tackyblueeyeshadow to do this tag, if you havent seen this blog, check it out I love reading it :)
1. What is your favorite item of clothing? I never used to wear dresses, I practically lived in jeans but now I love wearing dresses makes me feel girly, so dresses and leggings are my faves at the moment.
2. What are your biggest obsessions? It would have to be shopping for clothes and beauty products! I cant stop myself
3. Who inspires you? Im not particularly inspired by any person, I just try my best and hope that that will get me where I want to be in the future.
4. Who is your favorite designer and why? I dont want to sound stupid but I dont really know the names of many designers and I cant think of any off the top of my head so I dont know :(
5. What is your favorite song ever? Erm, The time of my life from dirty dancing, I love that song so much.
6. What is your favorite song right now? It sounds cheesy but JLS, beat again, I hated it so much at forst but now its stuck in my head, the video is so over the top though, makes me laugh every time I see it.
7. If you were a sweetie, what would you be? A haribo ring.
8. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet - what words would you use to describe your rainbow? Love, sun, flowers, grass, sky, jeans, erm I dunno, this seems a bit hard lol.
9. What's your favorite film? Stand by me, PS I love you, the notebook.
10. Who's your favorite actor? Bruce Willis, Will smith, Matthew perry, Jim Carrey, love loads :)
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? Lindos in Greece, I love it there so much, have been the past 3 years and plan to go again soon as possible!
12. What are your 3 favorite smells? Bacon, Roses, dolce and gabanna light blue
13. What are your 3 favorite tastes? Curry, tea and cheese
14. What is your most treasured possession? my photos, a beanie baby I have loved since I was a kid.
15. What did you always want to do/be when you grew up? A vet, then a lawyer, then a magazine editor, then a solicitor again.
16. If you were an ice-cream, what flavor would you be? Raspberry ripple
17. If someone made a short film of your life, who would play you? Me, although I cant act at all so it would be a crap film.
18. What would your perfect afternoon consist of? shopping with unlimited money with my mum and then a romantic night with my boyfriend.
19. If you were a flower, what would you be? A red rose
20. Tell me a random thing - a quote, a line from a song, book, movie... I havent got a clue!
Sorry if my answers are crap, my mind alwatys goes blank!
I tag any of my followers who want to do this so I can get to know you all a bit better!
I got (left-right) China town, Jermyn street and basil street. They all seem like nice colours, I tried china town the other day and that seems a really nice bright shade and I think the other two will be really good for the winter, I will do a post when I have used them properly and can judge how good they are.
Also I know this has nothing to do with make up but I went out for my older sisters hen night on saturday night as she is getting married in just over 2 weeks on august 29th. I wasnt going to go as Im skint but my boyfriend decided he was going out so I went too, I had about 5 mins to get ready and luckily found a red dress as the theme was red devils. This is me on the right looking like crap with my 2 sisters, the one in the middle is the one who is getting married. Anyway it was a fun night even though I didnt drink much as I get awful hangovers, but my fave bit was getting to wear my most favourite shoes!
I got them from T K Maxx last year for about £40 and they are Betty Jackson Studio and I love them so much, they are a lovely dark blue and are really high but also really comfortable as they have a bit of a platform at the front so I can walk properly in them..
I love them!
Monday, 10 August 2009
Hannah is having a great contest for getting 25 followers :)
check it out here : http://hannahbabeyxo.blogspot.com/2009/08/25-followers-conest.html
and all things girly is having one reaching 100! well done, its here: http://hazelxeyes15.blogspot.com/2009/08/100-followers-contest.html#comment-form
I am planning to do a contest soon, just need some money to get some more prizes together so keep an eye out for that too!
Thursday, 6 August 2009
Yesterday I got a postcard thing through the post from boots saying that if you buy any 2 products (1 being skin care) from the clinique counter you could get a bag of summery freebies, I was all set to rush down there yesterday cos I love freebies but then I noticed it didnt start untill today. I sent my mum down today to get me the full size versions of the face wash and clarifying lotion that I got in the 3 step routine with my dramatically different moisturizing lotion. I used these for about 2 weeks and my skin was really clear and I had been meaning to buy them so this seemed the perfect time.
The liquid facial soap (left) in extra mild was £13, and a Huge 400ml clarifying lotion was £23, was quite shocked at the size really. so I spent £36 and got...
This pretty drawstring bag with testers of:
- dramitically different moisturizing lotion (which I use all the time anyway and love!)
- 7 day scrub cream
- self sun body daily moisturizer in light /medium
- tiny tube of lash power mascara in black onyx
- mini long lasting glosswear spf 15 in 14 cabanna crush (really pretty pink)
- and a small almost bronzer spf 15 in light medium (I like the look of this, looks like it might be just the right shade for me!)
- and a mini clinique brush for the bronzer,
So got quite alot really, so if anyone else is looking at buying any more than 1 clinique product before the end of auugust get down to boots and get these freebies with them!
Wednesday, 5 August 2009
This is my first outfit of the day, sorry about the crappy photo quality, without the flash they didnt come out properly so now I have no face!
Today I wore blue cardigan from primark (£8), plain white vest top from primark (£1.50, under grey top), grey top from primark (reduced to £3!!!!), Jeans from river island (£15 in sale) and black shoes with gold studded detail from primark (£8)
I love the top, its so pretty and has lovely detailing around the collar (as in bottom photo) and I couldnt believe it when I got this for just £3, Its pretty see through on its own though so I have to wear it with just a plain little top underneath but its so pretty!
Also, there is a giveaway over at http://aliceinwonderland348.blogspot.com/2009/08/follow-me-and-win-win-winitalian-makeup.html, check it out if you havent already, there are some great prizes and its a great blog :)
Tuesday, 4 August 2009
I have had a rubbish day and just had to write about it as my boyfriend is being useless and watching football instead!
Firstly work was busy and drove me mad enough as I spent hours having to do jobs which arent mine just because one woman likes to feel like shes alot more important than she is!
Then came home and arranged to go the trafford centre with my older sister to cheer myself up by helping her buy things for her wedding at the end of the month, got up to her house for my niece to point out that my car had a scratch on it, got out and saw not just a scratch but the whole back corner of my car smashed in!!!!!!!! I hadnt noticed as I have hardly driven it since last week and got in my car in a rush to go out but its really bad, my sisters fiance is a mechanic and he reckons it will be hard to fix as its really caved in. Rang my insurance and was told that as I have no details about who did it to claim with and with me being under 21 it will cost me £400 in excess to get fixed! plus id lose my no claims, I think its so unfair that I would have to pay that when in no way was this my fault, it has only been parked outside my house! I already had to pay excess of £150 and lost 2 years no claims in march this year when it was broken into when I was at work so I cant believe its happening again!
Im going to get my brother in law to see what he can do or get some quotes from some garages and see if I can avoid using my insurance as then I know it will jump up loads when I renew it in september after making 2 claims so close together.
So yes a bad day :( never made it to the trafford centre either!
If anyone made it this far, sorry for moaning, just thinks its all really unfair :(
Monday, 3 August 2009
Here is a quick post to show you a few things I have bought recently, since this I have cut up my credit cards cos I found I was buying things every time I went out which i really didnt need just because the cards were there so no more pointless buys now.
I got 2 face creams from wilkinsons which are the olay aqua physics night and garnier fresh essentials hydrating day care, love the day one, smells so fresh and fruity!
I got another collection 2000 hot looks nail polish in Hoola hoop which is a gorgeous creamy pink, cant wait to use this, this was £1.74 from wilkos and a new lip gloss from the love your lips range in 6 Adore which has SPF 20 and is just a levely natural pink when on, this was about £2.80 I think. Also from there I got some false eyelashes for 99p, they come with glue but I wont be using it as I imagine it wont be much good.
From primark I got a lip balm which is the little red one near the middle this was 50p and it seems to look and feel exactly like the vaseline rosy lips does. I also got a pack with 2 glitter dusts in, one is a lovely bronze and the other silver for 50p, used the silver today and its really nice on. From the newer beauty ranges there I got a mango lip balm which is very moisturising and smells lovely too! this was 99p.
From debenhams I got the clinique super city block in spf 40, this is described as an oil free daily face protector. Im not really sure why I got this, it was one of those duty free price offers at £11 something and the clinique woman started telling me about it and I find it very hard to say no once they get started and before I knew it Id bought it, It seems to make a good base for my make up though so hopefully I will get round to using it.
Finally is a mango and papaya body butter. I got this for £1.97 from superdrug and its gorgeous smelling and feels so nice on, love it!
I also recently got the nivea visage young tinted moisturiser but I forgot to put it in the photo, this was half price at superdrug and was about £2.50 and I have found it to be alot better than the normal nivea tinted moisturiser for me, Im not sure what the difference is but this doesnt seem to cling to my dry skin as much and I think the colour is abit more wearable, definatly be rebuying this!
Last week I made an order from the new elf studio range, I went abit mad to get the free postage, so all this came to about £35 I think.
Firstly from the brushes I got the powder brush, the complexion brush and a fan brush. I have been using the powder brush everyday since I got it to just apply my bronzer and other powders and I LOVE it, so soft and gives an even finish! The complexion brush is also very good but I havent used the fan brush yet, not really sure why I bought this, not really sure what to do with it :/
Next, is the under eye concealer and highlighter which I love, I got the fair one and its just right for my pale skin tone, the highlighter is great too. I got the lip primer and plumper but Im not impressed with this at all, when I got it the plumper end was all in the lid broken off as if it had somehow melted and then when I tried abit it stung my lips so badly liek I was being stabbed so Im not sure what happened there! Lastly the eyebrow liner and filler in the darkest shade, this is really good, makes my brows look really thick and perfect :)
Next, I got the contouring blush and bronzing powder, I havent used this much yet but both colours are really lovely. I also got the complexion perfection compact, I havent seen much difference from using this but I did read on a blog earlier that it works better when you use each section on its own rather than just using a brush and swirling them all together like the box says so maybe Ill give that a try.
Lastly I got the warm bronzer and I can honestly say this is amazing for me, the best bronzer I have had, makes me look lovely and lightly tanned rather than orange, so if you have a pale skin colour and find that bronzers tend to look orange on you then give this a try!
I also got a few bits from the normal elf range for £1.50 each, I got a clear top coat nail polish, 2 nail polishes in nude and coral (which is so gorgeous), the individual lashes which I have no idea how to use (any tips would be welcome :) ) and a mineral lipstick (£3.50) in the nude shade but its alot more pink than nude but still a lovely colour which I think I actually prefer to a nude.
About 4 weeks ago I was sent 4 products from the Garnier pure active range to try out, I recieved the spot roll on, blackhead clearing scrub, deep pore unclogging wash and the moisturisor. This range claims to get results from day 1 and contains 2% purifying Salicylic acid and herbasoothe and claim to help fight spots and fade marks. I tend to get a few spots at certain times of the month and when I eat alot of sweets and chocolatey things so I was keen to use these products.
I had already myself bought the spot roll on (bottom picture) so when I recieved another I gave this to my mum to try out. I have been using these products since I recieved them and thought this a good amount of time to get a proper idea of how they work for me.
I did find that when I was using the wash and moisturisor daily after about 5 days I broke out so I cut them out of my regime untill my skin cleared and then began using them every few days rather than my normal face products and they worked really well this way. I have dry sensitive skin so I think daily use may have just been too much for me.
I love the roll on the most, redness went very quickly and spots cleared up alot faster than normal, my mum and my boyfriend both agreed after using the roll on and my sister then bought her own and she loves it too.
The mositurisor seemed to definatly work well aswell, I had a spot on my chin about 2 months ago and for ages afterwards I was left with a red mark and within a week this had finally gone!